A Newlywed Truth








I miss you when you're gone.

Do you want to know a little truth about me... I love being by myself. I know... I'm not quite sure this is an acceptable thing to admit... especially when you think about how I work in a school... yeesh. I come by it honestly though. 1. I spent 11 years of my life as an only child. I was alone a lot but I never thought much of it, it just came with the territory. 2. I get a little of it from my parents. My mom has always said she enjoys being alone sometimes and my dad's favorite sport is golf, need I say more. The truth is, I love the feeling of being alone in my home it's peaceful and lovely. (I know some of you are confused that I like to be alone even though you have memories of me where I simply can't shut up, my response: being alone and being quiet are completely separate things)

Needless to say, when I saw Mike was going to be out of town this weekend, I was perfectly fine with it. I had/have a crapload of work to do, I had class Friday night and all day Saturday, there was laundry to do, and the list goes on. While I was able to accomplish a lot, you want to know something really strange... I missed Mike... a lot. I didn't sleep well, I kept walking from room to room wondering what to do next, despite previously mentioned to-do list. I decided to remedy this a bit last night by pouring myself a glass of wine which turned into two... and then three... and then drunk... but it didn't work... it made me miss him more (I've painted a lovely picture for you all haven't I, ha!). I kept thinking about what it'd be like if he were home and what we'd be doing and it made me sad =(.

Apparently, 11 months of marriage has shown me what its like to really live with someone. Turns out, its not so bad.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Will's Arrival

Beaming

Welcome to Iowa!