A Newlywed Truth
... livin with a boy! And to be fair, I'll do livin with a girl too :)
Truth be told moving in with one another was not a hard thing for us, in fact it was pretty seamless. I feel there are so many horror stories out there about moving in together, but I am here to offer a voice of hope... it doesn't happen that way for everyone.
We pretty much share the responsibilities around the house so far so that could be a part of the ease. We both cook, we both clean, we both pick up after ourselves and each other as necessary. I know this probably won't stay this way for long, but for now, it's how we roll and it works for us.
There is just one thing I have to warn any lady about to embark on living with a boy...
... he may take your lovely clothes rack you got as a gift and use it to turn your spare bathroom into a locker room. Although I love that he has chosen a designated spot for these items, they still smell and sometimes they stay there for a while. I did say something once and he bought some Febreze which helps. I still find it rather boy-ish though.
Okay now for mine... Mike would say the biggest adjustment was getting used to my "clean freak" must do's. For instance...
... I make the bed everyday. (Yes, I am one of those people, although if you know me this can't come as a surprise)
I am the last one to leave the house on the weekdays so its an easy thing to complete. I'm also not one to get mad when it is not complete, I just feel off for the day. Mike did learn early on this is something I prefer to be done and he tolerates it well.
So there you have it... our tales of living with the opposite sex. Not so bad really... my advice to soon-to-be newlyweds...don't fret, the good things will far outweigh the quirks you'll undoubtedly both bring to the equation.



Comments
Post a Comment