Teacher Talk Tuesday

Okay so this teacher talk Tuesday, is actually coming to you on Wednesday... sorry (and yes I do teach the days of the week... sad I know).

While in Chicago this weekend, Erin told me about her friend Katie who is currently teaching in Seoul, South Korea. Our conversation sent my mind soaring... what do their classrooms look like? what do they study? are they able to move around the room and even the outdoors to explore? I would love to know!

So for today... I thought I'd take a trip around the world (through pictures of course) to take a peek at what schools look like anywhere and everywhere...


...students in Finland working hard, wouldn't you love to know what they are saying to one another...



...students in Iowa deciphering the viscosity of a liquid...


...adorable little learners in South Africa...


... a Japanese fieldtrip (love the hats!)...


... school in Australia with a description similar to the Montessori system (students learn through self exploration)...


... and finally a day in the life of South American school ager (they all have the same color hair!)

One of the things I love about teaching is that it is so universal. Although we may speak different languages, I bet our triumphs and frustrations are more alike than we'd think.


Here's to all teachers... everywhere!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Will's Arrival

Beaming

Welcome to Iowa!