Last week Mike and I received some news that made for a very good start to our weekend. It's no secret that our school districts, Mike's mostly, have been forced to make drastic cuts in their staffing for next year. So far Mike's job has been secure but we take it week by week. A week with no news is one week closer to being okay. As for me, I was 99.9% sure I was okay which helps of course. Well, on Tuesday the state passed the budget which sent some money back to the school districts.. and by some I mean Mike's school district went from a 33 million dollar budget cut to 11 million! Although we're not completely in the clear (we'll know for sure after April 30th) this is obviously great news. We went out on Friday night to celebrate this news and one of Mike's co-workers birthdays. Mike had to get up early the next morning for a soccer tournament so I stayed out with some of his friends and had myself a good time. Would you like to know the best part of...
... livin with a boy! And to be fair, I'll do livin with a girl too :) Truth be told moving in with one another was not a hard thing for us, in fact it was pretty seamless. I feel there are so many horror stories out there about moving in together, but I am here to offer a voice of hope... it doesn't happen that way for everyone. We pretty much share the responsibilities around the house so far so that could be a part of the ease. We both cook, we both clean, we both pick up after ourselves and each other as necessary. I know this probably won't stay this way for long, but for now, it's how we roll and it works for us. There is just one thing I have to warn any lady about to embark on living with a boy... ... he may take your lovely clothes rack you got as a gift and use it to turn your spare bathroom into a locker room. Although I love that he has chosen a designated spot for these items, they still smell and sometimes they stay there for a while. I ...
Come one, come all… to a place called Iowa (it’s in the middle, not to be confused with Idaho ). Welcome blog-trotters , I’m happy you are here! My Iowa journey began 8 years ago at Iowa State University and I’m now going on year 4 of my true residency as an Iowan. My husband and I live in the center of the downtown area of Des Moines. We make a living by teaching the youth of America (or future Iowans themselves). We both come from neighboring states (I’m from Minnesota and he’s from Illinois ) but we are thoroughly enjoying our lives here in the capital city. I have found my favorite things about Iowa categorize themselves into seasons, which is how I will present this lovely state to you today. Summer/Fall One of our absolute favorite things about Des Moines is the farmer’s market ! This locally grown spectacle occupies six of the downtown blocks every Saturday morning from the first of May to the last weekend of October. A true showcase of the vital resources...
Comments
Post a Comment