A newlywed truth
You're the best friend that I ever had
Last night Mike and I had a somewhat random night out. Our friends were headed out of the downtown area for a housewarming party. We decided to go along and had a great time! I haven't played flippy cup in a while and let me tell you, I assisted in quite a few victories for our team! The house we went to was really nice too (I love taking home tours, I'm seriously considering making it a hobby and being one of those people that shows up at open houses all over the area). Although we had a lot of fun, we were far away from home so we decided to drive back because our sober driver was getting antsy, can't blame him. So we headed back to familiar territory.
On our walk, looking surprisngly coherant
After a while of being out, we were having a great time, but decided to head home. The truth is, we really just wanted to be with each other instead of the big crowd! This is strange because we are not "private" people, we love hanging out with friends, in fact, the more the merrier, but last night was different. Once we got home, we weren't quite ready to call it a night so we changed into comfy clothes and went for a walk. We were so happy! (and yes part of the happiness was from the large amount of grown up drinks consumed throughout the evening)
I really have no idea what I'm doing here.
I know there are a lot of people out there that think once you get married, you aren't as crazy as you used to be. I think it's safe to say that is not the case here, and isn't for many people we know. It's nights like these that make me realize I could not possible love Mike more. I couldn't help but think of the song by Queen, You're my Best Friend... it seems fitting.



Comments
Post a Comment