Teacher Talk Tuesday
Fun with Non Fiction
Our non fiction unit is in full swing in first grade! This unit never fails to amaze me... I love curious kids and how they give me evil stares when I have interrupt their self-directed learning... so I wanted to dedicate this post to the wonder of adding non fiction books to your reading collection. I really think the biggest thing standing on our way of filling a young ones shelf with non fiction books is accessibility. I am saddened sometimes when I walk into the kids section of popular bookstores and see nothing but large books overflowing with information organized in a way that will make a six year olds head spin. Never fear, I have a series that is perfect for you!
The Read and Wonder series is absolutely fabulous. The books are actually picture books making them perfect for bedtime reading. The story-lines are engaging, lovable, and all true! Interesting facts are also genius-ly interwoven into the illustrations.
You simply can't go wrong!
Heads Up: Your child may bombard you with questions galore as you unleash the wonder of these books... as a teacher I find this totally awesome, but understand you may have a differing opinion, I apologize for the inconvenience =).


Comments
Post a Comment