Oh, the things you can think!

This was meant to go out yesterday for Teacher Talk Tuesday but, alas, between the new house (which I go to during the day to do nothing but admire the fact that its ours) and the fact that summer schedules are a bit more, loosey-goosey, Tuesday slipped away from me.

As for working this summer, I have taken on a few students for tutoring. There is a huge push in the education world these days regarding the power of non fiction reading and writing. Therefore, I have incorporated this into my sessions by allowing my little friends to choose a topic of their choice to research and create any type of informational writing they'd like (books, powerpoints, videos, etc.). After the first week I quickly realized all of my students are boys and the all seem to love water creatures, particularly the really, really ugly ones.

The amount of useless knowledge information I have gathered over the last few weeks would put any Jeopardy contestant to shame. That is, if the categories were: Anglerfish (not angelfish, anglerfish... angelfish would be too mundane for my kiddies), river monsters, shallow water sharks, or non-threatening sting/manta rays. I'm telling you folks, I'd be rich!

It's true, my 15 minutes of fame may never come but I just wanted to put it out there. Truth be told, I love every minute of it because the kids are interested and can't get enough. Ahhh the amazing perks of loving your job!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Beaming

A Newlywed Truth

Welcome to Iowa!